Dear Parents and Carers,
In order to continue to support children's learning at home, as long as our staff remains healthy, the following will be happening:
1. Using a web-link, we will be posting a letter to each year group with specific tasks every Monday and Wednesday during term time. Through this, we will set a range of writing tasks each week: including some that are open-ended and creative. We will share maths challenges for the children, as in school, we will rank them one, two and three-star challenges and children will self-select which challenge to choose (three-star being the most challenging). At times, we will also highlight specific tasks from a range of websites, set wider-learning projects such as Science, plus creative learning tasks.
2. There will be an expectation that children will read for at least 30 minutes every day, and the following occurs regularly:
· Completion of an AR quiz (Year 2 and above- link available on website)
· Go on TT Rockstars at least twice a week (Year 2 and above). For reception - regular practice with number recognition to 20 and for Year 1 counting in 2's 5's and 10's.
· Practise their spellings (year 1 and above).
3. We have shared the timetables via an email so parents may choose to use this to give their children some routine.
4. Each week a member of the school staff will phone to speak with you and your child and check-in with how they are getting on. If you do not wish this to happen then please email Mrs Fleming.
5. Book Swap – Every Friday (in term-time), we would like to invite you to change books in the front car-park between 11-midday. If you have any symptoms (cough or temperature), please do not come to this.
If you have any queries about learning then teachers will be available to respond to these during their working hours.
I am certain that our children and staff will rise admirably to the challenges that remote learning will bring. I will, of course, keep you updated by e-mail as the school receives further information relating to its re-opening. Given the uncertainty of the period of closure, we might need to introduce further remote teaching measures, which I would then communicate to you.
As ever, if you have any queries then please do not hesitate to contact me.